Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Standing Out in Indianapolis.

I don't know why I didn't think of this yesterday, but with the Colts' big win on Sunday and their upcoming Super Bowl matchup against the Chicago Bears, I really should showcase Indianapolis (I already posted about Prudential Plaza in Chicago).

In Indy, there are really only two buildings that stand out on the skyline: the Chase Tower and the One America Tower. So, what do do? Flip a coin? Hardly. One America is cool, but it is NO Chase Tower!

At 49 stories, it is the tallest building in town, but for me, its signature architectural component makes it special. Atop the building are two spires. One serves as a communications antenna and the other is purely decorative. Whenever I see a picture of this bulding, I can't help but think-- as painful as it may be-- of the World Trade Center and its trademark antenna.

The oveall design of the tower, was meant to mimic that of the nearby War Memorial.

Blackstone Real Estate Partners acquired the property in November 2006 when it bought out Chicago's Equity Office Properties Trust for $36 billion!

Here are some links:

Chase Tower [Emporis]
Chase Tower [Wikipedia]
Chase Tower [Equity Office Properties]

No comments: